Since it’s release, the Xbox 360 version of Minecraft has received no official update bringing new features or items. That is, until today. Sooner than expected, the folks at 4J Studios just announced the newest update to its console iteration of the extremely popular Minecraft game. Though it may seem odd to those who aren’t into Minecraft, this update will improve the game immensely – if not only for one particular item (in my opinion)
- Pistons – Pistons are primarily used to shift neighboring blocks around and can be implemented in some very complex and creative projects. Such projects may include a powered drawbridge, operational elevator, or even a self-harvesting wheat farm!
- Shears – This new tool will allow for the mining of foliage. This could be useful to spruce up gardens or add hedges around your home. They can also be used on sheep to create different blocks of wool.
Other minor tweaks include:
- Fixed clay generation
- The use of flint and steel to activate TNT
- Stackable fences
- New cobblestone and brick textures
- Shears are able to pick up leaf blocks
The update was made available on July 12th at 2pm. Like many update processes, it may roll out slowly to all users to avoid overload, so if you currently don’t have it – sit tight and keep checking back later.