Last night (Thursday 21st June), saw twitter being unresponsive for a couple of hours. This isn’t the first time that Twitter has crashed either because on New Years Eve and 1st January 2012, it couldn’t handle over 16,000 tweets a second #failwhale. This must have be a nightmare for all the tweeters and twitter famous, but fear not because what emerged out from the darkness was a new trend. #whiletwitterwasdown was what the people of twitter made and shared with the world. They shared what they were up to during the dark times. Here are just a few people’s thoughts, but what were you up too?
- #WhileTwitterWasDown refresh* *refresh* *refresh* *refresh* *refresh* *refresh* *refresh* *refresh* *refresh* *refresh* *refresh*
- #WhileTwitterWasDown I discovered this thing called “outside” IT’S IN 3D!
- #WhileTwitterWasDown I wrote my tweets on scraps of paper, tied them to birds, and released them into the wild.
- #WhileTwitterWasDown I went on Facebook..
- #WhileTwitterWasDown there was still NO ONE on MySpace
Whilst the celebrity culture were doing this …
- Vicky Pollard - #WhileTwitterWasDown i spent some quality time with my kids, shoplifting in Poundland.
- Jack Black - #WhileTwitterWasDown I came within 5 minutes of curing cancer… but then it came back.
- Star Wars - Did you become a #Jedi? #WhileTwitterWasDown
I can hear all you tweeting “Thank Goodness It’s Back”. But it still seems that Twitter is having a few problems with it’s top trending hashtags. Right now the top 3 trending tweets are about Jimmy Carr, Twitter being down and Glastonbury. If you tried to get on Jimmy Carr’s official page, you can’t! We hope that twitter will be able to sort out it’s issues soon.